The NBA has officially opened the voting for the 2016 NBA All-Star Game on multiple platforms this afternoon. Fans get to vote for the starting lineups for the 2016 NBA All-Star, which is being held outside of the U.S.A. for the first time ever.
We showed you the sick uniforms the athletes will be sporting during the big game, now you just have to get your fantasy team there! (P.S. If you haven’t seen the new uniforms, check them out real quick and come right back!)
All current NBA players are available for selection. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters via NBA.com or the NBA App.
Since the voting program is quite different this year than previous years; we’ve come up with a fan’s guide to voting! The all-digital program has some interesting additions that’ll make keeping up with voting a breeze! Make sure your favorite players make the roster and catch the game LIVE with NBA Events!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Fans can vote online at NBA.com/vote. Limit 1 ballot entry with up to ten (10) players per computer per day.
- Google Search Fans will be able to vote via Google Search Engine. (This is probably the coolest/easiest voting functionality in my opinion) The NBA is making it harder for fans to plead laziness when it comes to not voting—all they have to do is, search.
Fans can vote two ways:
NBA Vote All-Star
- Search “NBA Vote All-Star” and select a team from the resulting Category Card
- Tap and select the player(s) you’d like to vote for, click the “vote” button to submit
NBA Vote + [team name]
- Search “NBA Vote + [team name]”
- Tap and select the player(s) you’d like to vote for from the resulting Category Card
- Click the “vote” button to submit
- Users must log in with their Google Account before submitting their vote(s).
*Limit 1 vote per player per day. Limit 10 votes per Google Account per day.
Social Media Voting
To vote via Facebook, voters must post a status update that includes the hashtag #NBAVote and the first and last name of the player who they want to see play in the NBA All-Star Game. Fans can also vote by commenting on a post from their favorite team’s official Facebook page with the player’s first and last name and using the designated hashtag, #NBAVote.
*Limit one player name per post, and up to ten (10) posts per day, per user
To vote for the NBA All-Star Vote via Twitter, voters can Tweet, Retweet, or Reply to a player’s first and last name or Twitter handle and the designated hashtag, #NBAVote
*Limit one (1) player name per Tweet, and up to ten (10) unique Tweets per day per Twitter account
To vote for the NBA All-Star Vote via Instagram, voters can post NBA or basketball related original photos with a player’s first and last name or Instagram handle and the designated hashtag,, #NBAVote in the lower-third copy.
*Photos must originate from the user’s account. Aka don’t steal someone else’s photo to cast your vote!
*Limit one (1) player name per photo post, and up to ten (10) unique posts per day, per Instagram account.
- For those potential voters who aren’t big on social media, or anything on the internet: fans can vote by texting a player’s last name to 69622 (MYNBA). Limit ten votes per mobile device per day, and only one vote per player within a 24-hour period. Message and data rates may apply.
- Fans can vote by entering NBA.com/vote in their browser on their mobile device. Limit one ballot per mobile device per day.
- NBA App. Limit one ballot per mobile device per day. Download the app on Android and iTunes.
Here's Your Deadline
The NBA will provide updates on this season’s leading vote-getters on December 25, January 7 and January 14. The All-Star voting window closes on Monday, January 18 at 11:59 p.m. ET, with final tallies slated to be announced on Thursday, January 21 during a 7 p.m. ET edition of TNT’s “NBA Tipoff” program.
Get on the Waitlist for Available Packages
The 65th annual NBA All-Star Game will unfold on Sunday, February 14 at the Air Canada Centre, home to the Toronto Raptors and you can be there to witness it all first-hand!
Fill out the Ticket Package Information form here and we’ll reach out once we have something that fits what you’re looking for! Through NBA Events, you’ll be front and center for the clash between the best of the best of the NBA. Get entrance to the State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, the 65th NBA All-Star Game on Sunday and the OFFICIAL hospitality party experience presented by NBA Events!