We tend to focus on the thoroughbreds that will be racing and how to place your bet at the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, although those factors are extremely important to the success of your weekend, so is fashion. What many don’t know is that The Breeders’ Cup World Championships® is touted with fashion from both established women and men. It’s a great opportunity to express your personal style and mingle with others, all while watching history take place in Del Mar, California.
For the Ladies:
Two words really come to mind when describing Breeders’ Cup® fashion, elegance and class. Those words are part of the
cornerstones of horse racing itself, so no wonder it can be found throughout the fashion choices of the weekend. Here are some quick tips to get you started:
- Hats, hats and more hats. Whether your taste Is full brim, medium sized or a taller crown, it’s an important part of The Breeders’ Cup® culture.
- Dress for the weather and the season, meaning layers are key and fall colors are in. Think burgundy, green, and/or purple (the official color of The Breeders’ Cup!).
- Find a pair of wedges or cute sandals/flats that work for comfortability and style.
- Think fall in fabrics as well, you will see felt and silk on most dresses and pantsuits
For the Guys:
Use this as your excuse to go buy a great suit or that new jacket you have had your eye on. For Friday, a sport coat and dress pants is key, while on Saturday a suit is almost required. Here are some tips to personalize your style:
- Stand out with your bow tie or tie. Think fall colors: green, purple, burgundy, blue, grey
- Add in a classy and stylish pocket square for a little more flare
- Try out a fedora! You would be surprised how many men can rock the style
- Don’t forget the sunglasses!
We can’t wait for you to join us for the running of the 2017 Breeders’ Cup World Championships®. November will be here before you know it, so start looking for the perfect pieces to add to your wardrobe for this fashion-filled weekend at the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club.