We’ve got a game folks! It is now official; the 2014 Super Bowl will see the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahwaks battle it out for the NFL’s greatest prize, the title of Super Bowl Champions.
The Broncos defeated the Patriots early Sunday afternoon, and the Seahawks won their game against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night to claim the titles of AFC and NFC Champions respectively.
Now they will face off in the first ever open-stadium, cold-weathered, co-hosted Super Bowl; and with these two teams it’s sure to be an historic event!
How They Got Here
The Denver Broncos defeated the San Diego Chargers (24-17) in the divisional round, and the Patriots (26-16) during the AFC Championship.
- They emerged from the regular season with a record of 13-3.
- They had the #22 ranked defense, #1 ranked offense.
- In the playoffs they are 19-17.
- This is their 6th appearance in the Super Bowl and have had two titles in the team’s history.
- Denver's QB, Peyton Manning, set the record for most passing yards in a season (5,477) and most passing touchdowns in a season (55).
The Seattle Seahawks defeated the New Orleans Saints (23-15) in the divisional round, and the 49ers (23-17) to become NFC champions.
- They came into the playoffs with a 13-3 record.
- Their defense is ranked #1 and their offense is ranked 8th.
- In the playoffs they are 10-12
- They have been to the Super Bowl one time and have never won a Super Bowl Championship.
The Stage is Set for the 2014 Super Bowl
The teams, half time performers, and venue are set; all that’s missing is YOU! So, will you be at home after the game wondering why you didn’t attend, or will you be celebrating at MetLife Stadium post-Super Bowl while the confetti (and possible snow!) falls on the field, reflecting on the greatest sports event you’ve ever witnessed?
QuintEvents and NFL On Location can bring you to the action with Official 2014 Super Bowl Ticket Packages. Packages include a guaranteed ticket to the Super Bowl, access to VIP hospitality with player and cheerleader meet and greets, gourmet food and beverage options and interactive elements (aka the ultimate tailgate!). As well as Official Super Bowl gift bags, dedicated security entrances, souvenirs and merchandise vouchers, optional accommodations in New York City and much more!