While votes were being cast, it was highly anticipated that Michael Strahan would be making the trip to join the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but when it was officially announced, fans went wild! There’s no denying that a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame is well-deserved for Strahan.
We all know what makes him Hall of Fame worthy; his awe-inspiring stats and incredible performances that have built his career confirm that. But let’s take a look back on the road that is bringing him to Canton!
Looking Back on Michael Strahan’s Career
As a second round pick in the 1993 NFL Draft (40th player overall) to the New York Giants, it’s hard to say if anyone expected Michael Strahan to be as high of an impact player as he was, but he definitely proved himself to be a hot pick.
He came into the NFL with a reputation for sacking quarterbacks with a record of 41.5 career sacks in college at Texas Southern; a reputation that he maintained throughout his career. By the time Strahan left the NFL, he ranked among the all-time sack leaders and held the Giants record with 141.5 career sacks. This guy was a QB’s worst nightmare!
Take a look at some of the impressive accolades to Strahan’s name:
• A foot injury limited Strahan to nine games his rookie season, but he became a fulltime starter in 1994
• In his second NFL season he had 4.5 sacks, and the following year he met the Giants’ high with 7.5 sacks
• He was moved from right to left defensive end in 1996, started all games and tied the team lead with five sacks
• In 1997, he brought in 14 sacks becoming the player with the third most sacks in the NFL
• He was named All-Pro and was voted to the Pro Bowl for the first time in 1997
• 1997 also marked the first time of five seasons where Strahan earned first-team All-Pro accolades and seven Pro Bowls
• 2001 is considered his finest season when he reached an NFL record of 22.5 sacks and led the league with a career-high of seven forced fumbles
• He was also named Defensive Player of the Year in 2001
• In 2003, he also brought in 18.5 QB sacks
• In 2005, he registered 11.5 sacks, marking the sixth time over nine seasons that he achieved double-digit sacks
• Strahan also competed in two NFC Championships where the Giants were the victors, and two Super Bowls
• His last NFL performance was in Super Bowl XLII when the Giants defeated the New England Patriots 17-14
• He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 2000s
Simply put, Strahan left a dent in NFL football!
See Michael Strahan Become Inducted at the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame
Seeing Strahan take his rightful place among the NFL’s elite will be nothing short of emotional! He has credited the NFL with an impressive career and is receiving his deserving award – the Gold Jacket. You do not want to miss Strahan and the rest of the Class of 2014 become inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame!
With Official Ticket Packages through NFL On Location and QuintEvents, you’ll receive the best seats in the house to see the Gold Jacket Ceremony, Enshrinement Ceremony and the Hall of Fame Game. You’ll also be invited to view the Hall of Fame at your leisure throughout the weekend, tailgate the Enshrinement Ceremony and Hall of Fame Game with the NFL, and meet the Class of 2014 and already enshrined Hall of Fame members.
With optional transportation and luxurious accommodations included in your Official Ticket Package, there is nothing left for you to plan. You just have to make the trip to Canton, Ohio for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival!
Official Ticket Package Options
Mark it on your calendar and ask off work because you’re going to the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival with QuintEvents! Get more information on how you can see Strahan inducted by visiting our website or by calling 1-877-611-3947 to speak to a representative.