Ticket Packages to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival booked, check! Hotel accommodations included, check! Travel arrangements planned, check! It seems like you have just about everything figured out heading into the first weekend of August and the Enshrinement Festival!
But what about your down time? What about the few hours in the day that you’re not partaking in official Pro Football Hall of Fame hosted activities like the Gold Jacket Ceremony, the Enshrinement Ceremony, Hall of Fame Game or the tailgate parties? What will you do when you’re not perusing the hallways of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in awe?
You’ll be experiencing the city of Canton, of course! Glad we got that figured out!
But what is there to do in Canton besides the Hall of Fame? What are the local hot spots? What are the tourist destinations? Don’t fret, my NFL fanatics, we’ve got the five things for you, your friends and family to check-off during your trip!
1. Amish Country
Ohio is home to the United State’s largest Amish country! With Canton being one of the major cities, why would you not visit and see how the other half lives?
Amish country offers picturesque views, tours, riding stables, crafty shops, and bakeries filled with some of the most delicious foods that will ever hit your lips! It’s a great experience for all ages and can be a completely free activity if you choose.
Put it on your list of places to go.
One thing Canton is not short of is wineries, so if you and your group consider yourself a wino, keep on reading! From wineries located in the city to the outskirts of the countryside, there is a perfect atmosphere awaiting groups of any personalities and size. A few you should visit are:
- Dragonfly Tea Room – located in the historic Blank House on the Canal Fulton, you’ll find the tastes just as delectable as the location itself!
- Gateway Wines – combine the delicious tastes of Ohio wines with the Amish delicacies also found on site.
- Maize Valley Winery & Market – this family owned winery and farm market is located a short distance from Canton and combines the art of wine making, live entertainment and fresh from the farm produce and goodies.
Canton holds a rich history! There are plenty of museums and historical homes available for viewing to share with you the important role Ohio, specifically Canton, played in United States history. A few places to check out are:
- Five Oaks Historic Home – this beautiful home, once the Massillon Woman’s Club, boasts Tiffany glass, exotic woods, crystal chandeliers, and unparalleled craftsmanship.
- Glamorgan Castle – built around 1903, this 50 room castle was home to Colonel William H. Morgan and his family. It holds a ballroom, library, indoor swimming pool, bowling alley, steam boilers, an elevator, and a vast telephone system.
- Haines House – home to the late Ridgeway and Sarah Haines, this home was a site on the Underground Railroad. It was used to assist slaves escaping bondage and was used to hold anti-slavery meetings.
4. The Great Outdoors
Ohio offers a gorgeous climate and it’s no surprise most Canton natives want to spend their time outdoors! Here are some local outdoor activities to take advantage of:
- Canal Fulton – spend the day on the water aboard the St. Helena III Canal boat or a canoe, or grab a bike and ride along the waterfront. With live glass blowing and many shops, there’s plenty to do.
- Clay’s Park Resort – get wet and wild at the park’s water chutes, ride the zip lines, play 18-hole miniature gold or a game of volleyball, visit the skate park, or ride in a kayak! Check out the calendar of events to catch some fishing fun, various festivals, and themed weekends.
- Canal Fulton Canoe Livery – take a kayak or canoe along the beautiful Tuscarawas River or enjoy any of the park’s walking trails.
It’s no secret the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival is family-friendly, and if you’re looking for activities that are specifically great for kids, these are for you:
- The Canton Palace Theatre – walking into the theatre is like going back in time to when going to the movies was a novelty. Experience the latest films in an older atmosphere.
- Haunted Heartland Tours – between haunted dinners, ghost hunts, night cemetery walks and more, there’s plenty to get the goose bumps going in your group.
- Adventure Landing – full of inflatables, rock climbing, swimming, food, and games, Adventure Landing offers plenty of hands-on activities to tire out your kiddos.
Go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival!
Haven’t already secured your ticket packages to the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival? There’s still time, but you must act quickly! With Official Ticket Packages direct from NFL On Location offering VIP access, exclusive amenities, coveted inclusions, and so much more, there is no better way to see the Class of 2014 become enshrined into the Hall of Fame!
Take a look at the schedule of events for the Pro Football Hall of Fame weekend:
And with packages offering options to attend, all or single days of the festival, you and your group can be selective on which events you attend!
Take a look at the Official Ticket Packages available below:
Get more information today by calling 1-877-611-3947 to speak to a representative or visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame website for more information.