Three games, six teams, one city.
This fall the NFL is taking over London with a record six teams competing in three regular season games. Of course you want to be there! When you pair together historic Wembley Stadium, one of the most beautiful cities in the world and some of the hottest match-ups on the NFL calendar, it’s a no-brainer that fans are lining up left and right to get access to one, two or all three of the games in the
2014 NFL International Series.
But how can you be a part of it all? Well hold tight, folks, we’re about to divulge all that information, but before we do, let’s take a look at what your trip would entail.
Take a look at what your London adventure could look like! Without further ado, check out our suggested three day itinerary to London and the NFL International Series!
Day One: Friday (Arrival Day)
Times are approximate
9 a.m. – flight arrives in London and you make your way through customs (better change over that money!) to baggage claim to collect all your luggage.
10:30 a.m. – You meet your provided for transportation outside of the baggage claim area and they take you from the airport to your luxurious hotel in London
12 p.m. – Check into your hotel and perhaps take a quick catnap (that time difference can get you!), or if you’re ripped, ready and roaring to go, head over to the London Eye and get a birds eye view of the city. A full rotation on the world’s largest ferris wheel will take about 30 minutes to complete. Other tourist hot spots in the same vicinity of the London Eye that you can check out while you’re there are Big Ben and Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Waterloo Station.
4:30 p.m. – Time to return to your hotel and prepare for the evening ahead. If you’re a Sapphire or Diamond level guest, it’s time to shower and get ready for the NFL Friday Night Kickoff Cruise!
5:30 p.m. – Meet your NFL On Location representative in the lobby and prepare to be transported over to the River Thames.
6 p.m. – Board your charter cruise and prepare to spend the evening amongst NFL players and cheerleaders! With a complimentary appetizer menu and open beer, wine and soft drink selections available to you all night long, spend the evening taking complete advantage of being an NFL On Location VIP!
9:30 p.m. – When the cruise docks, your NFL On Location bus will take you back to the hotel. You’ll want to rest up and get ready for a full day of sightseeing ahead of you!
Day Two: Saturday (See the City!)
Your day Saturday is completely open to see London! The city boasts an incredibly rich history and is a melting pot for a variety of cultures. Take advantage of the day and see it all firsthand!
Here are the local hot spots that we highly suggest visiting and while many are lumped together within walking distance allowing you to see the gorgeous cityscape, others are further away. While you can opt to take an infamous red double-decker bus to get around, purchasing a one day oyster card for the tube is the quickest mode of transportation.
- The Household Calvary Museum – This is the home of the horse guards and while you’ll see your typical museum displays, you’ll also be able to see the barn and horse guards in action! Several times each day, the guards parade the streets making their way to Buckingham Palace.
- Trafalgar Square – This is often considered a center point of the city. It houses the National Gallery and has beautiful double fountains located right in front with dual lions guarding the gallery. Make a wish as you toss a penny in the fountain, take your picture on top of the lions and stroll through the beautiful art displays in the gallery.
- Buckingham Palace – Home to the royal family, pictures of the palace don’t do it justice! From the incredible architecture to the red roses strung across the lawn to it’s location right across the street from St. James Park. Buckingham Palace offers tours during select times of the year and the Royal Mews is attached also offering tours.
- Hyde Park – A quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, Hyde Park is a hideaway for the folks of London. With a large river that offers paddle boating, a horseback riding center, several local restaurants, and much more, Hyde Park is an oasis from the concrete jungle. It also houses several well-known sites such as the Peter Pan statue and Princess Diana Fountain.
- Piccadilly Circus - Known as the main shopping district in London, Piccadilly holds every shop you could ever want. From high-end stores to well-known name brands, there is something for everyone and stores located as far as the eye can see! The Piccadilly Circus area is so large that several tube stations are within the strips accommodating the large amount of visitors.
- Leicester Square – Pronounced “Lester Square,” this is the theatre district of London. If there’s a premiere, this is where the Red Carpet will be, if there’s a Broadway show playing, you’ll find it here. There is always something playing and you never know who you might see…
- St. Paul’s Cathedral – If you didn’t take in enough brilliant British architecture with your visit to Westminster Abbey on Friday, you’ll get that fix here.
- Millenium Bridge – One of the newer bridges that crosses the River Thames, this bridge was actually closed down immediately after it was opened by the queen due to it not being steady. Even though it’s open and steady now, it’s commonly referred to by locals as the “Wibbly Wobbly Bridge.” Regardless, it offers some incredible views of the business district, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge.
- Tower of London – Once the fortress that protected the city, it’s now home to crown jewels and history. See how this fortress ran back in the day and see how it’s currently used.
- Tower Bridge – This iconic bridge is a huge focal point in London. The draw bridge opens consistently throughout the day to allow larger barges to pass beneath on the Thames, and its design, a mix of modern and historical elements, make it positively breathtaking.
For more destinations that should be on your list of places to see, visit our Tourist Guide to London>>
Day Three: Sunday (Game Day!)
Times are approximate
9 a.m. – Your NFL On Location representative will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel and once your full group arrives, you’ll board the transportation and head to Wembley Stadium!
10 a.m. – Upon your arrival to Wembley, you group will be ushered to particular hospitality areas based on package level to partake in the official NFL hospitality tailgate party! Your hospitality area will be open to you three hours pregame complete with complimentary gourmet fare and open beer, wine and soft drink selections.
1:30 p.m. – It’s time to head to your seat! Game time is almost here and it’s time to take your seat in some of the best vantage points Wembley Stadium has to offer! Get ready for kick-off, folks!
2:45 p.m. – With Sapphire and Diamond level packages, your hospitality will reopen at halftime, so be sure to take advantage of those open bar options!
5 p.m. – Again, with Sapphire and Diamond level packages, your hospitality will open once again for one hour postgame. For Standard and Deluxe guests, you’ll board your transportation to be taken back to your hotel after the game… but don’t think the night ends for you there!
SPEND THE NIGHT CELEBRATING!
Once NFL On Location returns you to your hotel, hit the town! You just watched your team compete at historic Wembley Stadium in London and it’s your last night! Hit the local pubs, celebrate with local fans, kick-it with fans from home. Whether your team just secured a regular season victory or not, YOU are the victor! How many other fans can say they saw their team play their hearts out on international soil?
It’s Not Too Late!
Does this sound like the weekend itinerary for you and your friends? Well, it can be! There’s still time for you to plan you epic London adventure with NFL On Location and QuintEvents at the NFL International Series! Follow these three steps to get the process started:
Step One: Select the game you want to attend!
Step Two: Select your package level
Step Three: Call 1-866-834-8663 to speak to a representative or fill out the form on QuintEvents website to be contacted by an NFL On Location representative to book your trip!!
It’s as simple as that! Prepare yourself for the ULTIMATE NFL vacation; London is calling!