NBA All-Star is just around the corner and we’re getting excited around here! Not only are we going to see the biggest stars in the NBA, we’re going to be in the beautiful city of Los Angeles. If you’re like many and have never been to L.A, the thought of packing can be quite daunting. It can be even more overwhelming when paired with such a big event as NBA All-Star. That’s why we’re here to help!
What to Pack for NBA All-Star in Los Angeles
- Your favorite NBA shirt or jersey – team gear is a must during NBA All-Star! Whether it’s a classic jersey of a Hall of Famer or a brand-new t-shirt of your favorite team, you must wear something NBA related to the events. You wouldn’t want to stick out like a sore thumb!
- Casual and comfortable clothes – you want to be comfortable all weekend. You’ll be walking the streets and enjoying all L.A. has to offer. Lightweight clothes that can be layered are your best bet. Don’t forget to bring one outfit for going out! After all, the bars here never close.
- Comfortable shoes– If you’re in town for the whole weekend, you’re going to do some exploring around the city and the best way to see the sights is to head out on foot. Keep in mind the sidewalks are paved with gold stars. These comfortable shoes will also come in handy for the pre-game parties and walking around STAPLES Center.
- Map or smartphone app– L.A. is huge and the streets can be confusing for newcomers. Lucky for you, there’s an app for that. Be sure to stay aware of your surroundings and look out for closed streets this time of year.
- Hat– Out and about during the day? You’ll want to cover your face from the beautiful sun. Pro tip: if you wear the hat of your favorite NBA team, you can wear it later for the game to hide your hat hair.
- NBA All-Star Tickets – DON’T forget your tickets! This is self-explanatory.
Are you pumped yet? We are! We have a full weekend ahead of us and we want to be prepared for anything! Here’s a closer look at the schedule for NBA All-Star 2018.
STAPLES Center – Los Angeles, California
Verizon Up Arena at LA Convention Center – Los Angeles, California
February 16-18, 2017
Schedule of Events:
Friday, Feb. 16
4 p.m. | NBA All-Star Celebrity Game | STAPLES Center
6 p.m. | Mountain Dew Kickstart Rising Stars Challenge | Verizon Up Arena at LA Convention Center
Saturday, Feb. 17
11 a.m. | NBA All-Star Practice | Verizon Up Arena at LA Convention Center
1:30 p.m. | NBA G-League International Party | Verizon Up Arena at LA Convention Center
5:30 p.m. | State Farm All-Star Saturday Night | STAPLES Center
Sunday, Feb. 18
2 p.m. | Pre-game Party
5 p.m. | 67th NBA All-Star Game | STAPLES Center
NBA All-Star 2018
You still haven’t bought your ticket packages for the weekend? What are you waiting for?! Time is running out. You won’t want to miss this year’s game –the starters are some of the best players of all time. Join us for the weekend and get exclusive access to our pre-game party and NBA Legends.