It’s that time of year! College football season is in full swing, and we’re enjoying every second of it. Since football season is such a big deal around here, we want to see how much you know about it. Think you’re an expert? Take our short quiz below to test your knowledge.
Who is the all-time winningest FBS team?
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
Which team has won the most National Championships?
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
What year did the College Football Playoff begin?
True or False? A receiver needs both feet in bounds for a completed pass.
What is the oldest college football rivalry?
- Lafayette – Lehigh
- Ohio State – Michigan
- Yale – Harvard
- Army – Navy
Which college football team’s stadium has the largest seating capacity?
- University of Michigan
- Ohio State University
- University of Tennessee
- Texas A&M University
What is the longest field goal in NCAA history?
- 69 yards
- 67 yards
- 63 yards
- 60 yards
Which one of the following schools did John Heisman NOT coach at?
- Auburn University
- Clemson University
- Georgia Tech
- Penn State
Which state has the most FBS programs?
Where is the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship?
- New Orleans
- Santa Clara
1. Michigan. At the start of the 2016 season, Michigan holds the most wins with 925.
2. Alabama. Alabama claims 16 National Championships.
3. 2015. The College Football Playoff format began in 2015 and will continue through 2026.
4. False. Receivers need only one foot in bounds for a completed pass in college football.
5. Lafayette – Lehigh. The Lafayette - Lehigh rivalry dates back to 1884
6. University of Michigan. The University of Michigan's stadium has 107,601 seats.
7. 67 yards. The longest field goal in NCAA history is 67 yards, which has been accomplished four times.
8. Penn State. John Heisman was the head football coach at Oberlin College (1892, 1894), the University of Akron (1893–1894), Auburn University (1895–1899), Clemson University (1900–1903), Georgia Tech (1904–1919), the University of Pennsylvania (1920–1922), Washington & Jefferson College (1923) and Rice University (1924–1927).
9. Texas. Texas has 12 FBS programs: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, TCU Horned Frogs, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Rice Owls, Houston Cougars, UTSA Roadrunners, SMU Mustangs, Baylor Bears, UTEP Miners, North Texas Mean Green and Texas State Bobcats.
10. Tampa. The 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship will take place at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
Be There for the College Football Playoff National Championship!
If you didn't know before, then you certainly know now that the national championship game is in Tampa, and we can't wait! Be there with College Football Playoff Premium and enjoy great seats, gourmet food, open bar and more.