The Billboard Music Awards is one of the hottest award shows of the year. With a little over a week until the event, we wanted to fill you in on some important and useful information related to the show! Keep reading to learn more about the event, the schedule, what to wear, who is performing and how you can attend like a VIP.
About the Billboard Music Awards
- A subsidiary division of the iconic Billboard brand, honoring some of the hottest names in music today.
- Produced by Dick Clark Productions.
- Awards are given for the top album/artist/single in different genres.
- Finalists are based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital singles sales, radio airplay, touring, streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VEVO, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music.
- These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Entertainment and Next Big Sound.
- Was held annually starting in 1989, went dormant in 2007 and returned in 2011.
- Attended by music artists, A-list actors and other celebrities.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
(May 22, 2016)
Dress Rehearsal & Backstage Tour
11:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Red Carpet Viewing
2:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Billboard Music Awards
After Party at the Jewel in Aria
Starts immediately after the show
*schedule subject to change
There is no required dress code for the Billboard Music Awards, but we highly recommend cocktail attire. Men should wear a dark suit or slacks and a sport coat. Ladies should wear a cocktail dress or nice blouse and skirt.
Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo
Taylor Swift has won 20 BBMAs, making her the top winner of all time. Garth Brooks follows closely behind with 19 BBMAs.
This is The Weeknd’s first time as a BBMAs finalist. He has the potential to bring home 16 trophies, the most of any act this year.
No one has won the Top Male Artist award more than once.
Rihanna and Taylor Swift lead with 2 Top Female Artist wins.
How to Attend as a VIP
This is your chance to experience the 2016 Billboard Music Awards like a star! You’ll get to see Hollywood’s elite walk the Red Carpet, sit amongst some of your favorite celebrities during the show and enjoy thrilling musical performances throughout the night. VIP Packages include a floor seat at the show, a backstage tour, rehearsal viewing, Red Carpet viewing and After Party ticket.