Typically hosted in the Big Apple, the NFL Draft is stretching its roots in 2015, and heading to the city of Chicago! This will be the first time since the 1964 NFL Draft that the event has been held in the "Windy City," which beat out Los Angeles, the other city being considered as a host.
Saying this midwest location will be the perfect destination for the 2015 Draft is an understatement. The Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, where the three nights of the draft will be held, is national historic landmark with history and culture within its walls, with the city of Chicago as its backdrop, full of skyscrapers, beautiful neighborhoods, exciting nightlife, delicious restaurants, and unique tourist attractions!
Learn more about the Auditorium Theatre, take a look at our own Chicago native's list of local hot spots and find out how you can be a part of the 2015 NFL Draft experience!
Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University: Home of the 2015 NFL Draft
It's been 51 years since the NFL Draft called Chicago home and it's returning April 30-May 2, in the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University.
Auditorium Theatre is internationally renown for its perfect accoustics, exquisite design and innovative architecture. It was built in 1889, complete with modern technology and 4,000 seats. It opened as an opera house and was met with criticism and disdain, eventually falling into disrepair. The theatre finally made its way back into use in the 1960s, becoming a "jewel in American history."
Picture provided by AuditoriumTheatre.org
To say the theatre is breath-taking is a huge understatement. Auditorium Theatre boasts 24-karat gold ceilings, ornate glided designs, wall mosaics and murals, and hundreds of intricate stencil patterns. Pictures simply do not do it justice.
Welcome to the Windy City: Chicagoland
Now, if you've never visited Chicago before (or even if you have), you're in for a real treat. With mountainous skyscrapers, historic landmarks, popular tourist attractions, thrilling nightlife, and mouthwatering restaurants all around, there is something for everyone in the "Windy City!"
But instead of directing you to the many tourist websites you've probably already visited to find activities to partake in while in town, we've asked QuintEvents' Sales Representative and Chicago native, Kevin Livingston, to show you around!
So without further ado, here are Kevin's top picks for local hot spots you should check out while in Chicago.
- Shake-off your fear of heights by visiting the 99th floor of the Sears Tower! Walk out on the skydeck or go to the Signature Room in the Hancock on the 95th floor for brunch.
- Visit the Navy Pier and ride the ferris wheel.
- The Chicago Cubs will be taking on the Milwaukee Brewers! Watch the game LIVE at historic Wrigley Field; grab an Olde Style and experience the game like a Chicagoan would!
- Head over to Millennium Park! You haven't really been to Chicago until you've taken a picture at the Bean in Millennium.
- Experience the NFL Fan Fest. The Draft will expand outside to Grant Park and Congress Plaza where fans can enjoy interactive exhibits and autograph sessions with current and former players.
Picture provided by ChooseChicago.com
Make a Reservation:
- You can't leave without getting your fix of deep dish pizza. You can't go wrong with Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, or Giordano's!
- Looking to wine and dine? Benny's Chop House (my favorite), Chicago Cut and Tavern on Rush should be on your list.
Experience the Nightlife:
- Enjoy the views of the city from a rooftop bar. Roof On The Wit, Terrace at the Trump and Vertigo Sky Lounge are a few favorites.
- Seeking a historical lounge? Visit The Drake Hotel for a speakeasy cocktail lounge where you can see Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe's signatures carved in the bar.
- Want to stay out late night? Check out Butch McGuire's, a favorite late night establishment which stays open to 4 a.m.!
Do you have additional questions for Kevin about local hot spots and activities in Chicago? Drop a question for him in the commments below and he will get back to you!
Join the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago!
Don't miss your chance to experience the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago! Take a look at sample package inclusions below:
- Ticket to the 2015 NFL Draft
- NFL Chalk Talk Session with a NFL Draft Analyst
- Photo Opportunity at your Favorite "Team Table"
- Souvenir 2015 NFL Draft Cap and Pin
- Concession Coupons
- $25 NFL Shop Gift Card
Official Ticket Packages have not yet gone on sale for the 2015 NFL Draft, but you can secure your spot today by getting on the Quick Call Back List! Spots are limited and will go quickly, so it's time to act! Call 1-866-834-8663 to speak to an NFL On Location representative or visit QuintEvents' website for more information.
Will you be joining us in Chicago?